The primary responsibility is to develop software to support the preparation and distribution of the various CRSP data products and databases. Under supervision, the Programmer Analyst is required to analyze existing systems and design, develop, test, and document improvements or new applications using tools chosen by CRSP. Clearly and effectively communicate with customers and/or users on requirements related to area of work. Follow instructions with minimum of clarification and/or misunderstandings. Collaborate and coordinate with all CRSP staff in a team-oriented environment. Function as a role model by maintaining effective working relationships with all members of CRSP through cooperation, coordination, and mutual respect displayed while interfacing on an interdepartmental and multi-disciplinary basis.
Current projects include development using C# using Microsoft .NET 3.5 Framework and SQL Server with TFS.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or another relevant computer related field required.
- Advanced degree in mathematics, computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field preferred.
- Dual degree or concentration in system design preferred.
- Microsoft developer certifications preferred.
- At least one year of relevant programming experience required.
- Experience developing Web based and client/server applications required.
- Experience developing, implementing, debugging and maintaining applications required.
- Experience in the securities and/or financial industry and/or additional education in finance preferred.
- Experience with OpenVMS, Ingres, SAS or FORTRAN preferred.
- Programming skills in C# and .NET/SQL Server required (Visual Studio, WCF, WPF, ADO, etc.).
- Expertise with various databases, scripting tools, and programming packages and support tools required, including demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following (such as ERWin, MS Office, MS Project, BPWin, CMS/MMS, and MS Team Foundation Server).
- Demonstrated history of initiative and independent action in a collaborative team-oriented environment required.
- Exposure to fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of software development required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Problem solving skills required.
- Ability to use standard software development applications and tools required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload to meet critical project milestones and deadlines required.
- Attention to detail required.
- Confidentiality related to sensitive University matters such as strategic initiatives, trade secrets, quiet periods, and scientific discoveries yet to be put in the public domain required.
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule, which will include occasional late night and/or weekend hours required.
- Familiarity with research financial data including indexes and corporate actions strongly preferred.
- Prior exposure to CRSP databases and tools preferred.