Licensing Agreement Options and Guidelines
- Corporate licensing is for use in commercial organizations
- Academic Institutions
- Academic licensing is for use in academic organizations and by academic co-authors institutions
- Government Institutions
- Government licensing is for use in government, and non-profit organizations
- Developer licensing is for use by authorized developers
- Partner licensing is for use by partner organizations
CRSP Privacy Notice
Types of Information We Collect. The information we collect from you falls into the following two categories:
- Personal Information — information that tells us who you are or that provides information about you, and
- Technical Information — information about your visit that is not linked to your identity such as information about the platform you may be using with our Data Products.
The personal information we collect when you use the CRSP Website may include your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, employer, and job title. We request personal information when you request information about a product or service, submit a support request, participate in certain promotional activities, fill out surveys, and correspond with us.
1. How We Use Information. We use all the information we collect to provide our customers with superior service and a smooth, efficient, and personalized experience when using the CRSP Website. In particular, we use information for the following types of activities:
We use personal information to fill product orders and service and information requests. For example, we use the information for delivery, payment, and customer service.
We use technical information, on an aggregated basis, to enhance our product development, to help run the CRSP Website more efficiently and monitor the level of activity on the CRSP Website.
If you contact us, we may also save your correspondence or comments. We use this information to help us provide better service in the event you contact us again.
2. When We May Disclose Information to Others. In general, we disclose customer information to other companies only for the following reasons:
- to our third party providers when such information is contractually required.
- to assist a government investigation, verification or similar purposes, if required by law, subpoena or court order, or otherwise necessary for fraud prevention, or as needed to enforce our terms and conditions.
3. Your Choices. Receiving promotional and/or product update emails from CRSP is strictly voluntary. If you believe you received emails to which you did not subscribe or if you wish to cancel a subscription, please contact marketing@crsp.ChicagoBooth.edu.
Mozilla Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/options#privacy
Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm
Netscape Navigator: http://www.netscape.com/legal_notices/cookies.html
5. Links to other Websites. Parts of the CRSP Website contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. If you use these links, you will leave the CRSP Website. We suggest that you carefully review the privacy policies of each site you visit. This Privacy Notice does not cover the information practices of those websites linked to the CRSP Website. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information.
6. Changes to this Privacy Notice. If there are changes to the terms of this Privacy Notice, we will post those changes here. Please be sure to check this page occasionally. If we make material changes to this Notice, such as changes in the way we use or disclose Personal information, we will provide you with notice of the change and a chance to choose not to have your information used or disclosed under the new policy.
7. Data Submitted to CRSP. This section is designed to answer your questions about the information CRSP has obtained through our Website.
We recognize the sensitive nature of personal and business financial information and take every precaution to protect your privacy. When you entrust us with information, you can be certain it will be used only within our strict guidelines.
All CRSP servers and employee computers are protected by secure firewalls and all computers are kept to current operating systems. All data is maintained and backed-up on a regular schedule.
We want you to know that we use information responsibly to provide you with services and information. Under no circumstance do we provide account or personal information to unrelated 3rd parties for the purpose of independent telemarketing or direct mail marketing of any products or services of those companies.
- All client data is treated as strictly confidential.
- Access to your information is limited to those employees with a business reason for using such information.
- We continually educate our employees on the confidential nature of this information, your needs for privacy, as well as incorporating policies and procedures for this purpose.
Outside Service Providers
At times, we enter into arrangements with companies whose expertise is essential for our own services to function properly. In any outside company situation, we share the information we obtain about you (as described previously) only when contractually obligated to do so.
We are extremely selective when choosing outside companies to become our partners. So we require them to conform to our own strict confidentiality and privacy standards. An outside company is never allowed to sell your information.
Protecting Your Information
To protect customer information, we maintain extensive physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. For example:
- We have a solid foundation of security policies that define acceptable use of our information systems and data hosted on those systems. These high-level security policies are implemented, supported and enforced by more detail level policies, standards and guidelines covering specific functional areas and technologies.
- We educate our employees about the importance of confidentiality and privacy.
- 24/7/365 internal security monitoring with camera surveillance is at all entry points.
As technology continues to advance, you can be sure we will provide the most up-to-date safeguards possible to keep your personal financial information confidential and secure. Your trust is important to us and we're committed to protecting your data.
Contact Us. If you have any questions or concerns about CRSP's use of your information or about this Privacy Notice, please send an email to marketing@crsp.ChicagoBooth.edu.
Copyrights and Trademarks
The documents and data are copyrighted materials of The University of Chicago Booth School of Business, Center for Research in Security Prices (CRSP) and its information providers. Reproduction or storage of materials retrieved from these are subject to the U.S. Copyright Act of 1976, Title 17 U.S.C., CRSP, CRSPAccess, PERMNO, PERMCO, INDNO, CRSP Link, NPERMNO, NPERMCO, and CRSPID have been registered for trademarks and other forms of proprietary rights. The Contents are owned or controlled by CRSP or the party credited as the provider of the Contents.
©1960-2006 by CRSP | The Center for Research in Security Prices
CRSPAccess, PERMNO, PERMCO, INDNO, CRSP Link, NPERMNO, NPERMCO, and CRSPID are symbols representing data, which is proprietary to the Center for Research in Security Prices and trademarked.
The following citation must be used when displaying the results of any analysis that uses CRSP data.
Source: ©YYYYMM CRSP®, Center for Research in Security Prices. Booth School of Business, The University of Chicago. Used with permission. All rights reserved. www.crsp.chicagobooth.edu
YYYYMM represents the year/month the database was published.
- The NASDAQ Stock Market®, NASDAQ National Market®, NASDAQ®, NASDAQ 100 Index®, and OTC Bulletin Board® are registered service/trademarks of The NASDAQ Stock Market, Inc. NASDAQ Trader, and The NASDAQ SmallCap Market are service/trademarks of the NASDAQ Stock Market, Inc. The NASDAQ Stock Market, Inc., and NASD are registered service/trademarks of the National Association of Securities Dealers, Inc.
- American Stock Exchange®, and NYSE MKT® are registered service/trademarks of The American Stock Exchange LLC.
- NYSE®, New York Stock Exchange®, The New York Stock Exchange, and N.Y. Stock Exchange are registered trademarks or service marks of NYSE.
- CUSIP® is a registered trademark of the American Bankers Association.
- IDD® and Tradeline® are registered trademarks of IDD Information Services.
- IDSITM is a trademark of Interactive Data Corporation
- COMPUSTAT® is a registered trademark and S&P 500 is a service mark of The Mc-Graw Hill Company.
- FISTM, Moody's® is a registered trademark of Moody's Investors Service, Inc.
- CCH® is a registered trademark of CCH Incorporated.
- Dow Jones Interactive® and the Wall Street Journal® are registered trademarks of the Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- Microsoft®, Excel®, Word®, and Access® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation and MS-DOSTM and WindowsTM are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
- Intel® Pentium® and Pentium® Pro are registered trademarks of Intel.
- Sun®, Java and SolarisTM are trademarks of Sun Microsystems. SparcTM is a trademark of SPARC licensed to Sun for use on products based upon a particular architecture.
- Compaq AlphaTM and HP Tru64TM are service/trademarks of Compaq.
- UNIXTM is a trademark of UNIX Systems Laboratories.
- IBM® and AIX6000® are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation.
- SAS® and ETS® are registered trademarks of the SAS Institute, Inc.
- All other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or service marks of their respective owners.